RF Pathways Implementation Process
Our expert professional services team can provide many value-added activities, which are the corner-stone of our implementation success. Our process is tried and true over 16 years and over 100 successful implementations.
In this first phase, our analysts will work with your stake-holders to produce a comprehensive current vs. future state understanding of your warehouse environment and requirements. Deliverables include:
- Stake-holder whiteboard sessions, seminars
- Scope of Work and Business Requirements
- Interface discussions and data transfer mapping
- Operational work-flow analysis to define picking, put-away, shipping and other operations
- The use and format of manifests, orders and reports
In our second phase, we follow a PMI-based approach to ensure that all aspects of the project receive effective communications between stakeholders and that critical milestones are documented.
- Stakeholder roles and responsibilities
- Change Management and Project Schedule
- Training Schedules
- Any enhancements or special configuration needs
- Warehouse preparation and hardware (scanner and WLAN) requirements
This phase consists of those efforts necessary to configure the system and build the database by using the RF Pathways resources to completely load the database with the full contingent of production data.
- Database Configuration
- System and Work-Flow Configuration
- Off-Site Testing
- On-Site Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Go-Live Implementation
- Procedural and Performance Reviews
In this phase our software engineers and project team carefully review Test Plan (work-flow and data scenarios) for the solution.
- Test-Development software test
- Pre-Production software test
- Production (In-Line) Environment test
A proven methodology for training is provided by our expert implementation team. There are two significant tasks included in Training, which are “Train the Trainer” and “User Training”.
- Train the Trainer
- User Training
- Go-Live Transition Meetings
- Final Project Review
Our experience shows that by Go-Live, “super-users” have been well-trained and the first task is to typically perform a “cycle count” to validate all inventory in the warehouse and bring it to 99.8%. During “go-live” our specialists are available to make any clarifications in the use of the system, monitor key components such as databases and watch other metrics to ensure that the system is being properly utilized and performing to specifications.
- Pre-determined on-site support for “go-live”
- On-line (VPN) support 9am to 5pm
- Email and post-implementation support via toll-free number